10.05.2009

Claustrophobia

Have you ever gotten the feeling that at just over 2400 people, this campus is just way too small?

Like, I love the fact that I recognize a ton of people on campus, that I can go to the Retreat or the DC at dinnertime (or the library at any time, for that matter) and find people I know that I can sit with.

However, this also makes things a lot harder when it comes to romance. I'm not just talking about the ability to hook up with someone here; that's a whole other bucket of worms. When trysts go wrong - when they're broken up on a bad note - the effects can be wide-reaching, and often unforeseeable. In the past few days, I've seen a former hookup and some of his friends around and said hi to them; they just smile and keep walking. Ouch.

We're all connected here by what I'm sure is fewer than six degrees of separation, and what you say and do can be heard around campus ridiculously quickly.

Who needs Gossip Girl? All you need is a small residential liberal arts college.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was too busy reminiscing about his balls on your chin.