10.06.2009

Oh Caribou...

I've just tried the Caribou Coffee drink from the vending machine- normally I am caffeine tolerant, but now I am just weirdly shaky and anxious and feel a little like my internal organs are shivering. Hmm.


Well on a more important note, COCKROACHES have been found in Jewett. Not great amounts apparently, just one or two. People seem, frighteningly enough, relatively unconcerned, but I personally feel that one cockroach is too many cockroaches to ever have to deal with.


Apart from the roaches.... I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the Vassar Bug. I've seen some hideous and multi-legged alien things scurrying around- is that it? I feel like they are somehow genetically mutated to have the most terrifying appearance and torture me. Really, I'm so not a bug person. I am fairly sure I once (inadvertently) killed a butterfly because it flew at my face.


In other news, I'm severely lacking my usual ability to illegally download music. I know, I know, it's wrong. And I really don't do it that often, there are just times when I can't deal with having Party in the USA in my purchase history. I've heard that some off campus Arlington locations have free wifi? I know I saw a sign for it when I was staying in the (infamous) Days Inn near the Acrop. 


Finally, I have indeed purchased the new Dan Brown book from the campus bookstore (on sale? In stock? things I didn't think would would apply to situation but happily did). I think will hold it as my "reward" for completing a certain daunting paper- or hold off until October beak. Either way, its tempting and oh-so-difficult to resist, sitting there all gold and shiny and mysterious....I should probably hide it somewhere. I'll lend it to the kid down the hall who never returns anything. Good plan.


I may be over caffeinated, not-so-studious and much too preoccupied with bugs and their approximate distance to my person, but at least I am ignoring Dan Brown's wily ways.  Props.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i live in jewett and found roaches in the 2nd floor bathroom at the very beginning of the year and reported it to the roc but apparently they also weren't concerned enough to get exterminators. its nice to see the other contributors finally posting!

Anonymous said...

Unlike other bugs, cockroaches are attracted to filth—I saw them on my hall once, but only after the guys next door to me threw a party and the whole place stunk of stale beer. Never again.

Maybe the people living on second floor Jewett should stop being such dirty motherfuckers. Like that guy who thought he was too good to use a trash can and just let all of his shit pile up outside of his door. I've seen your common rooms, too. Trash fucking everywhere, all over the floor. Disgusting.

Anonymous said...

If cockroaches are attracted to filth, they'd be all over your language, Anonymous 2. You should refrain from generalizing all of second floor Jewett into a bunch of "dirty motherfuckers."

Anonymous said...

what's the deal with anonymous poster number 2? that response was NOT necessary.

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? How about the response from Anonymous #1?

"I'm going to be indignant when the ROC/B&G opts not to clean up my mess for me..."

Anonymous said...

um, how exactly are students supposed to get rid of roaches? obviously, everyone should be trying their hardest to keep the dorms clean, but it's the ROC's responsibility to find exterminators.