9.20.2009

Back!... not quite

Hey readers! I was really happy I could contribute to Blog 9 once more! I think it's a great way for the Vassar community to interact. However, this semester I am abroad and will not quite be a part of the Vassar community... not physically at least!

Still, I am happy to provide a taste of Internationalism by reporting to you from Scotland!

So I got to my dorm and decided to keep a smile on my face despite all the changes I'm facing. Let's start with the room: pretty nice, good size, there's a sink right next to the desk... pretty basic. I mean, to an extent I think having a sink I'm my room is pretty awesome (helpful), but the fact that it has two faucets (one for cold water and one for hot water) seems rather... impractical. Regardless, I like it. What I'm not so fond of is the cubicle shower with no windows in it.... claustrophobia much? Not to mention that my dorm is pretty far away from the main buildings in the college. People in the So-Cos would not complain about the distance if they saw it.

Still! I am really enjoying all the quirky aspects of the University, along with the fact that every day there are multiple pub crawls... Will keep you posted!

No comments: