9.26.2009

Mika Comes Out!

In a Dutch gay mag! He actually sounds more pansexual than bisexual... But here's a snippet of the interview:

On his sexuality and labels:

As far as discussing sexuality and gender: listen to my songs. It's everywhere. Sexuality has kind of themed this record, if you have to think about it that way. That's part of growing up. I mean, I've never ever labeled myself. But having said that; Ive never limited my life, I've never limited who I sleep with…So, I don't know. Call me whatever you want. Call me bisexual, if you need a term for me…Apply that to me, if that's what you want. That's as close as I'll get to any label.




On being a role model for gay youth:
Well, look at the 14-year-old kids that are making their own videos to my song, the 12- and 13-year-old guys dancing around in their room. There are ways of being a role model without having to always establish yourself with a label…having a role model who makes you feel like it's all right to do whatever you want, without the pressure of a label, I think that's a good thing as well.

On being sexually "free:"
Let's say if you're a 16-year-old guy, and you're not sure about your sexuality, you should be as free as you want. You shouldn't have to say I'm gonna label myself in order to figure out what is going to make me happy in life. That's the key to it. You don't have to pigeonhole yourself all the time. You shouldn't stick yourself into any kind of constraints or limitations at all.


Even more reasons for me (and you!) to love the awesomeness that is MIKA!

Courtesy of Perez Hilton

No comments: