2.25.2008

Crunching the Numbers

So.
Today is Monday, February 25, 2008.
Exactly five six months ago today, houses opened for freshmen.
Exactly five six months ago, we freshmen were beginning the journey now lovingly recalled in my mind as "Camp Vassar."

That semester went by crazy fast, as did Winter Break.

We are almost through with the month of February. This year is a leap year, so we get an extra day.

In exactly one week and five days, dorms close again for Spring Break, which lasts till March 23.
Exactly six weeks and two days after that, we have our last day of classes.
Exactly one week and one day after that, final exams begin.
Exactly one week after that, the semester officially ends.

Adding it all up, we have about nine weeks and six days left here, homeskillets. That's less than a typical high school quarter.

My Spring Break will go by in a flash; I'm going back home to work and save up money for my Vassar tuition and mounting credit card debt.

What I'm astounded at is the apparent brevity of it all. When we were high schoolers, time seemed to go by so slowly; here I am four years later, the fifth year gaining on me quickly.

Sometimes, when I grow bored of a topic my class is talking about, I daydream about where I'll be in the immediate future. For example, on Friday, it was the Impromptu Dance Party (which, by the way, I never went to), but still, here I am writing on MONDAY already!

I wonder where the time went.
And then I realize: it went to you, you crazy Vassar classes.
It went to you, you amazing Vassar friends.
It went to you, you late night parties.
It went to you, you Jewish-themed dances.
It went to you, Vassar.
It went to you.

Till next time, stay sexy!
<3 SPRiNKLES

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing post...

Anonymous said...

actually it was 6 months ago...sorry!

Anonymous said...

Yea... You're right... somehow

August 25 - September 25: 1 month
September 25 - October 25: 1 month
October 25 - November 25: 1 month
November 25 - December 25: 1 month
December 25 - January 25: 1 month
January 25 - February 25: 1 month

Thanks!
=)