2.23.2008

Those Mental Mentalists

So I went to the "Evasons" mentalist show yesterday, held at UPCDC. I didn't get a good impression at first: I mean, they were supposed to start at 8pm and instead started at 8:30, and while they were getting ready, they played all of the latest hits (I had no issue with the songs themselves, but Soulja Boy, Nelly Furtado, and Brittney Spears made it even harder to suspend my disbelief). But when the whole thing started...holy shit! They stopped people's watches and rewinded them to different times, guessed ridiculously large numbers, touched people through contact with other audiences, etc. And it seemed so legit, like there is no explanation other than they had ESP. Even though I still remain skeptical, I give them huge props for pulling that off.

Good stage presence!
-Crito


No comments: