2.24.2008

Sickness

So I've been tremendously sick this weekend. It's been disappointing not being able to go to the various dances and events this weekend, but it was interesting to think about what would happen if I regularly didn't go out on weekends. I'm sure that, before coming to Vassar we were all afraid of many of the same things. We wouldn't make friends, we wouldn't enjoy the social events, we wouldn't go out on the weekends. In a way, this weekend was like having a taste of the life I'm NOT having at Vassar, and it's reminded me how glad I am that my pre-Vassar fears never came to fruition.

The opposite, even: Friends were so nice, bringing me juice, coming over just to see how I was feeling, listening to me recounting my feverish dreams from the night before (some of them involved Blog9!!), telling jokes that weren't too funny since laughing hurt, not minding when I feverishly started giggling hysterically at things that really weren't funny past the first five seconds.

On that note, don't you love laughing? I mean, really laughing, like one of those times when your face HURTS and you can't imagine ever being sad again. When the only thing on your mind is hilarity and you can't laugh any harder, eliciting table- or leg-slapping, nodding, doubling over, or falling off of your chair. Past the point of making any sound. When you can hardly remember what the original funny thing was but LIFE is just so funnyhahah!lar!ousHAHAA! that you just keep laugh!nglaugh!nglaugh!ng... It's love.

Anyway, time to do the work that I usually take care of on Fridays when I don't have classes, then sleep some more, and keep feeling better! I hope all of you have a great week.

.:*Think of every "trauma" as a memory in the future.*:.

aRCHEL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, well i'm glad some people's fears haven't "come to fruition." i can't say that i'm as lucky. this place has not been fun at all for me.

Anonymous said...

Lol, if everyone laughed like you did, I think the world would be a much happier place. ^_^