2.21.2008

Total Lunar Eclipse of February 20, 2008


Buon giorno tutti!

Well, last night was fun! I spent my late evening watching the lunar eclipse, which was absolutely spectacular (at least for me, and every other Vassar student I saw on campus outside their dorms staring at the sky). The "partial eclipse" began at 8:43 PM and yes, I DID start watching the moon very closely at this time. Once it got nearer and nearer to 10:01 PM (when the "total eclipse" began), I ran outside RayRay to watch the beauty that is nature. At some point the moon reminded me of the side view of an eyeball with the very last bit of light representing the pupil. Yes, weird way of looking at it, but hey, let me be creative. Outside, I was soon joined by many other Vassar students as we watched the moon turn into a lovely shade of orange/dusty copper/rust. "Mid-eclipse" was at 10:26 PM. Half the moon was more visible than the other. At 10:51 PM, the "total eclipse" ended and then at 12:09 PM, the "partial eclipse" ended. During this entire process, there gathered many people on the stoop of RayRay, talking, laughing, play guitars, and singing some nice songs. In fact at some point (10:32 PM), the musician started playing "Anyone Else But You" by the Moldy Peaches (LOVE THEM!) and I heard them from my window. I then screamed/gasped, scaring the bejeezers out of my roommate and ran to the window and listened happily. Then, the wonderful person outside started playing the Beatles "Hey Jude" (another favorite). It was a very pleasant and enjoyable evening. This experience reminded me why I love Raymond House, Vassar, and its community so much.

....And it really made me want to go camping, which I will be doing over Spring Break in 2 weeks! (Oh jeepers! I'm so excited)

So this was the last total lunar eclipse until 2010! I thoroughly hope you enjoyed your pretty little selves!

Okie dokie artichokie! It's time!
FUN(NY)FACTS:
---A man's beard grows fastest when he anticipates sex.
---Male bats have the highest rate of homosexuality of any mammal. yay!
---The average shelf-life of a latex condom is about two years. (P.S.- LifeStyles and Durex have the lowest breakage rate! Way lower than Trojans! Use LifeStyles or Durex!)
---"Formicophilia" is the fetish for having small insects crawl on your genitals. Oh my...

So I hope you're able to sleep soundly after that last one.

Have a great day! It's Thursday, which is basically the weekend, in a few hours.

Enjoy life and SMILE!
Pace ed amore,
Chipmunk

P.S.- Thank you sooo much to POSEIDON for the great photos! You are awesome, signore!
P.P.S.-http://coaches.aol.com/love-and-sex/feature/_a/thou-shalt-have-sex-every-day/20080220122409990001

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful entry.