5.15.2008

And the Winner Is....

**SPOILER ALERT: THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS ABOUT THE SEASON FINALE OF AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. HIGHLIGHT THE BLACK SPACE BELOW TO READ.**

Last night was the season finale of Cycle 10 of America's Next Top Model. After a Covergirl commercial shoot, the final three were narrowed down to the final two. Fatima was eliminated, leaving Whitney and Anya to battle it out in the runway fashion show. The show was in Italy and the clothes were picked by Donatella Versace herself. The girls gave it their all but when it came time to chose the winner, Whitney was chosen. She became the show's first ever full-figured model to win.


SGPG's take: I have been a fan of Whitney since day one. Not only is she an absolutely beautiful girl, but she really does feel confident in her own skin. Most of the time, full-figured models come into the competition and eventually they loose their composure and their insecurities come through. This was never the case with Whitney and I admired her for that. However, as much as I loved her I don't think she deserved to win more than Anya. Anya was an amazing model from day one. She took gorgeous pictures and was the type of person that you just wanted to be best friends with. Although both were talented, I feel that in the end Anya was more talented. That being said, Whitney did a fantastic job also. Overall, it was a great season. And I cannot wait for Cycle 11!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be nit-picky, but it would be nice if you had put a spoiler warning or something to warn readers. Seeing as how the finale was last night, I'm sure that a lot of people haven't had time to watch it yet, and don't want the outcome spoiled for them before they're able to watch it...I know that was the case for me and I was kind of miffed...

Blog9 said...

Point well taken, 4:46!

Anonymous said...

hey 4:46, sorry i spoiled it for you! next time ill think about how much time is appropriate before posting. thanks for the input. and sorry angain!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that a normal-sized girl won :)

Anonymous said...

Dudes, she won because the competition was fixed. Whitney is not normally a "plus sized girl". She was already a model in the normal range and was approached by the show to gain weight so she could be the season's plus-size. She also was told that she would be in the final 3.