5.02.2008

"Ladylike"

I’m actually really excited to be staying in tonight. This past week has been hellish, with many nights of 3 or less hours of sleep. I feel like a zombie. But tonight, I’m going to eat a good dinner, go to the limit show, watch Gosford Park, and sleep. I am so excited for the sleep. And then I get to wake up early on Founder’s Day! Have any of you read the story of the origins of Founder’s Day? It’s actually really sweet. The college threw a surprise party for Matthew Vassar on that day, and he was so touched, it was cute. I love stories like that. Although there’s the little sidebar notice that the girls were instructed to wave their handkerchiefs silently because cheering wasn’t “ladylike.” I hate that word. Last night, one of my friends told me that her first impression of me was prim and proper. I laughed so hard that I snorted. Charming, right?

Good luck with the end of classes, and have a very happy founder’s day!

Peabo

No comments: