5.11.2008

Don't Worry; Be Happy

As I write this, I am sitting in a cute little study carrel (sp?) in the Art Library that faces out towards Raymond Ave. I should be working on my Spanish final, but instead I am writing for you eager readers. With everyone getting into frenzies about finals and projects and papers, I have learned something rather interesting about myself. I don't really stress out about that kind of thing. Not that I don't worry about things from time to time, but I rarely feel so overloaded that I just freak out.

I think this is good and bad. It is good because I don't have to deal with the feeling of absolute doom that some of my friends are dealing with now (don't worry guys, it will all be over soon!). But on the other hand, sometimes I don't realize just how much effort something is going to take until I sit down to do it a day or two before it is due. I am desperately trying to break out of my habits of procrastination, but it is so difficult. I know in the end that it will all get done. And I know, or at least I hope, that ultimately I'll get a good grade and everything will be fine. I hope this isn't sounding cocky. I don't mean it to be at all. I just think that too often people stress about things to the point where they doom themselves to failure, and it doesn't need to be that way. So, even if you are swimming in work (as I think most of us are) just try to think positively... Yes, you have a lot to do but when you finish it will be summer! Good luck with the rest of the year!

<3 SGPG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lara mccoy is this you?

Anonymous said...

nope.

Anonymous said...

glad you can be confident that you'll get a good grade on things no matter how much you procrastinate....i wish i had that quality