5.07.2008

I've Been Lightly Drinking, and a Little Heavy on the Thinking

Few people know her name, but this sexy gal from San Diego just released a killer album. Tristan Prettyman is a former model turned singer-songwriter (and also Jason Mraz's former girlfriend), but don't let that turn you off: she's got a lot of talent and it shines through every inch of this sophomore album. The sound is sort of folksy and upbeat, and the lyrics are just really simple, direct, and honest. Her voice is soft and lovely and very pure. Also, those of you who know Yusuf Islam (the former Cat Stevens), he's featured on one of the tracks. Badass. You should check her out!!

My favorite tracks on Hello...X are Hello, Echo, Handshake, and In Bloom. The title track especially is ridiculously awesome.

love,
Rad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yusuf, not Yufus

Anonymous said...

oops. i knew that! thanks.

~Rad

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard "Shy That Way" with Jason Mraz? It's hidden somewhere on YouTube, and it's completely adorable.
Nice taste in music!

Anonymous said...

YES. that song is amazing. :-)

RAD

Anonymous said...

so I'm incoming 2012 and I was perusing when I stumbled upon this...I am totally obsessed with Jason Mraz and also really like Tristan...I think Simple as it Should Be is great and Shy That Way as well.

sorry, I just had to do my freak-out.