5.09.2008

Exit, Pursued By A Bear

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Shakespeare Troupe's new play: The Winter's Tale. Now, I won't give anything away for those of you who haven't seen it, but I will tell you to expect a lot of laughing, singing, drama, a little bit of confusion...and maybe some tears. The Winter's Tale is also known to have Shakespeare's most famous stage direction: "Exit, pursued by a bear".

As you may or may not know, the plot goes more or less like this: Leontes, King of Sicilia, accuses his pregnant wife Hermione of committing adultery with Polixenes, King of Bohemia (and Leontes' childhood friend). The events develop dramatically and we end up sixteen years later in Bohemia, where Leontes' lost daughter lives and has fallen in love. I won't say more, and let you guys find out, but let me tell you that it's definitely worth it. The set, the music and the lights set the perfect mood for such an inspiring play.

Look out for the bear!
Aletheia

No comments: