5.12.2008

As Time Goes By

I just came back from my last choir event of the year: a day long trip in NYC for a concert for Vassar alumni. The bus ride gave me some time to reflect upon my first year at Vassar.... and, in short, it's been quite a year. It's interesting to think about how different I feel about this place and its people now than I did a lot of last semester. I was having some trouble adjusting last semester because of some things going on at home; I didn't quite have the right frame of mind necessary while making the great shift to college life. However, I found that some friends came through, who made it all better; a lot of whom were in choir. I'm starting to *consciously* realize that I invest myself emotionally in choir. What I mean by this is that at the same time that I rely on the music to express emotion, I feel emotion because of the experience of expressing music among my fellow singers and friends.

As a result, I've realized that I'm sad that I won't be seeing some of these wonderful people until next fall, possibly longer for those who are graduating. I know I've made permanent friendships, though, because I feel like I've known some of my friends here for years. I find it strange that after only 8 months, I feel like I would be lost without some of these people.

I want to thank those who have made this year great, and who sustained my sanity when I needed it most; you'll be hearing from me in person. :)

Callooh! Callay!
-Poseidon

No comments: