5.15.2008

Stand On the Winner Platform, It’s Fun

I was sitting with some friends at the Retreat last night, and as it was a few hours after my evening biology exam, I was spacing out more than usual. I was gazing blankly at the wall behind my roommate’s head, and didn’t really register what I was looking at until it had already happened. Have any of you seen the video montage of student art projects playing on the Retreat television (I’m still confused about exactly what that’s for...)? For some reason, in my stupor, that clip of the colored, paint-filled balloons popping in a meticulously arranged domino effect was extremely appealing.

I’m not an art student, so I don’t know if all this artwork is coming out of one course or multiple ones. Whatever the source, I love the way its products are distributed, and fact that they’ve spilled out of the gallery in Main into the entire building and the rest of the campus (even Sunset Lake...someone get that artist antibiotics, please). Some of us don’t often go out of our way to appreciate student artwork, so it’s kinda nice to have it shoved in our faces once in a while.

So props to the balloon kid. Also to whoever made those perspective pyramids on that path between campus and the TAs. Oh, and the candelabra by the Infodesk is sweet, too.

Good luck on exams, everyone. Recycle!
Love,
thejellyfish

No comments: