3.16.2008

Different From Home

So I have ventured past home this break, and even though the weather's nice, the Brooklyn feel just isn't here. I feel kinda lonely and I wanna go party, but there's no where for me to go, especially with people I don't know. I guess I have nothing to do but just sit around lazily waiting to return home for a bit and make that dreaded trip back to the dreaded land of Vassar where no one is interested in you or if they are, they're much to afraid to approach you because they think they're "too nerdy" or they'll be snubbed. How boring. I'd love to just stay at home, but I'd hate going to school @ home because that means living at home. After all, my parents would NEVER pay any extra if they didn't have to. How's the situation with you guys? Would you love being at home without having to go to school @ home?

Luvs and hugs!
Dyamond Phillips

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know exactly what you mean. it's really lonely at vassar at this point, and if you haven't already got some friends you always hang out with, you never will. 99.9% of the time I eat by myself, I go to class by myself, run and workout by myself and pretty much do everything on my own. On top of that, I don't drink, and because I don't really know anybody I don't go to parties or anything, so those Friday and Saturday nights meant to unwind never come for me. People complain about how tough things are and how much work they have, but at least they get a day to unwind. For me school is just one constant week that never ends. And it's funny because I start off weeks looking forward to Friday and Saturday for no particular reason and then when they come, I get so letdown that I'm by myself and end up working all day, and by the time it's Sunday, I can't wait for classes because I don't want to be stuck in my room working all day. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

i agree with you guys. although i do have people to hang out with, i don't necessarily like them as much as I like my "real" friends at home. In fact, if I would've met them at home, I probaly would've never talked to them. The scary part about that though is that if I hadn't met them, I definitely would be alone at Vassar. Although I can't really connect with them 100%, I feel i have the most in common with them than with the majority of the vassar community. I think most of the people at vassar are rich elitist who just like to complain (like I'm doing now :D) and who aren't very friendly. Okay I'm done bitching about how much i hate vassar. I should just be happy I'm gonna get a decent education!!