3.23.2008

The Leaving

Okay, so it doesn't get any easier.

And I'm not just talking about flying 3000 miles away from the people and city I love most.

I'm talking about fitting everything into this #$@&$@% EFFING SUITCASE.

I mean, I try to take things out, and it just doesn't work. I need my hot pink denim jacket and my ballet warmup booties and six books for the plane ride and my $23 fuzzy-sounding iPod speakers and an entire Costco-sized box of FiberOne granola bars. Right?

It's moments like these that I wish I lived within driving distance of Vassar.

Or that my extra suitcase wasn't in my dorm room closet holding all of our room's alcohol and illegal appliances.

xx and see you all tomorrow around midnight, I hate time zones
littleone

P.S. Seriously, I could lose the jacket and MAYBE the warmup booties, but I have got to have those granola bars if I want a functioning digestive system after another six weeks of the DC...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously...getting on the train with all of my stuff is the perpetual worst moment of my life.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine lugging all this crap onto a train. I commend you.

P.S. My suitcase was 4 pounds over and the unpleasant woman at the Delta counter tried to charge me $80. EIGHTY DOLLARS for 4 extra freaking pounds. So I took out my psych textbook and it weighed enough to take it back under the limit... unfortunately, this now means that I'm lugging around a 4-pound psych textbook in my already-heavy backpack. Oh well.

P.P.S. I hate airports.