3.31.2008

The Perfect Weekend

Seriously. I can't think of anything better.

FLAWLESS. Katarina. Pointe solo. What else can I say?

CampFly on Saturday morning... Okay, so nobody can agree with me about how great this was, because NO ONE CAME. CampFly is this fundraiser that FlyPeople does annually (okay, we did it last year and this year, and both were colossal failures so I'm thinking "annually" is probably no longer accurate), and we teach dance classes for a small fee. Yeah, we ended up with six people. Money raised at the end of the day: -$40. Guess our final show this semester is going to be performed in the nude, because costume companies don't generally accept sexual favors as payment...

Then Saturday night, my friends and I decided to have a childhood games fiesta... though we did alter the rules a little to make the games a little more “grown-up” fun. Use your imagination, but let me tell you, Catchphrase has never been as fun. And neither has Truth or Dare Jenga. (Okay, sorry, we’re 13 years old still; I have no desire to grow up.)

Today, five hours of FlyPeople rehearsal, PLEASE COME TO THE FINAL SHOW APRIL 24TH AND 25TH. I may or may not have finished choreographing my piece by then, but I promise everyone else's pieces are fantastic!

And then Sunday night, we had to learn a song for which sheet music has never been written... but thanks to our resident pianist's GENIUS, we only needed two hours to learn a song - complete with harmonies - with the help of a keyboard and an iPod. If you want to hear it, come to the FWA Cabaret this Thursday at 7:30!!!

xx and notice that nowhere did I mention doing REAL work
littleone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of the reasons that the fundraiser might have failed is due to advertising. i never once saw anything for it or heard about it at all. just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I saw lots of advertising but wasn't really in the mood to go. I might have gone to the hip hop one.

Anonymous said...

honestly, was anyone really in the mood to go at noon on a saturday on the first weekend back here?

and yeah, agreed with the advertising. we kind of sucked at that.

next step: BAKE SALE

-littleone