3.26.2008

On Procrastination

So…. I’m back from Spring Break (and I know that you’ve heard this a million times already), had a wonderful time, now I have to catch up with all the work I neglected for two weeks…Exasperation! I cannot believe that 3 days in I’m already freaked out about upcoming papers, events, people visiting, working on other stuff, etc. Even so…I still find it incredibly easy to go into another hallway and lose 2 good hours doing nothing! There we go: procrastination. Of course I feel terrible when it’s 2 AM and I have yet to read 50 pages of a book, but I can’t help prioritizing quality time with other people. I simply find it very important. Like Ellen DeGeneres says in her stand-up about procrastination: “all we’ve got is here and now… and that’s why procrastination feels so right!” And, honestly, fifty years from now what will I remember? What will be the pleasant and satisfactory memory? Most likely the one about the random but entertaining time I spent with other people. Yes, yes, we do have responsibilities and getting 5 hours of sleep sucks (I need 8!!)…But I still believe that the memories we build with others, the unexpected experiences that we come by…those are truly valuable things. Just as long as we don’t stay up till 3:30 AM…it’s not too bad.
Aletheia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The man in the picture is sexy


Can he be my boyfriend???

<3
Chip