3.24.2008

Everything Changes

Mk so before I get into this post, I just wanted to comment on the perplexing state of the world we live in. When I walk to places on campus, I invariably have my earbuds on and turned up to a level at which I cannot hear anything except the music. This can cause problems, as most people who ride bikes or jog also do the same. I almost got run over by said people four times today already. It's incredibly scary/shocking when they come out of nowhere and slightly graze your arm as they bike/run past.

So it's only the first "official" day back, and already things in my life have changed. I did not anticipate this; it's still the same semester, and the same classes, but things are just different now.

I've changed my eating habits for the better, spacing meals out more evenly to prevent overeating and growing morbidly obese. I've changed some of the routes on how I walk to class. I've even decided to make up a schedule to plan out each day of my last six weeks so that I actually KNOW the material I need to know. First part of the semester, I slacked and didn't read any psych or film.... I know that'll come back to bite me in the butt.

It made me realize that I am completely opposed to change; I like daily routines. It makes me feel more secure and comfortable.

That said, I should have known the lesson I can get out of this way back at the beginning of the school year, when it was blared everywhere in Grey's ads: Everything Changes.

~SPRiNKLES

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the runners and bikers who come very close to hitting you. Usually we're more aware of our surroundings and the rates at which people are moving than people without headphones, and definitely any people just walking with headphones. The worst thing you can do when you are afraid we are going to run into you is to stop suddenly because that's unexpected. If you keep moving at the same pace, we will not run into you.