3.13.2008

You are hot. Love yourself.

I'm having one of those days where I like my face.

My cheeks are tapering just right, my lips are a nice soft red, my eyes look wide and friendly. Even the pimples on my forehead are diminishing. I suppose I should feel conceited writing about this, especially since I just finished a magazine article about how teenagers today are narcissistic and fame-obsessed.

But you know what? I think we should all have the right to love ourselves sometimes. Which isn't to say that we shouldn't love ourselves when we feel ugly on some day. If anything, maybe we should love ourselves more since our hotness isn't detracting from our "inner" self. Of course, I'm all for the inner self and the outer self being the same, which is why I'm usually random, makeup-free, and lacking inhibitions. So when we love our inner self, it should mean loving our outer self as well since our outer self should be an extension of what's inside (since "inside" is physical things too, like our brain, not some mysterious ghostly "being" or "soul" who makes us think).

Love the inside; love the outside.
When I wake up and I like the way my abs or legs or cleavage or whatever looks, I shouldn't feel guilty about modeling for myself in the mirror--and I don't, regardless of if that makes you think that I'm conceited.

Today, I like how my face looks, and I'm going to look in the mirror as often as I want to--half-smile, bedroom eyes and all.

- aRCHEL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for hotness!!!
XD