3.27.2008

Excitement and Existentialism

So I'm sitting here in my room relaxing with my guitar after a few hours of classes this morning. I may or may not finish some easy homework before heading off to various activities tonight.

Most of all, I'm ridiculously excited for this weekend!!!

I wish there were a Villard room dance, but oh well... The mug will have to do to satisfy my grinding requirements for the weekend, plus there's the amazing 20s night in UpC, which will be awesome (I have a dress!) as well as lots of concerts, shows, and time doing absolutely NOTHING with friends. :)

I really don't have to much to say, at least nothing that wouldn't completely let everyone know exactly who I am... Mostly I'm just gonna say that I'm happy. Impatient and feeling a bit like an adolescent boy, but mostly happy and ready for what comes my way.

Today at lunch we had a mini conversation about existentialism, and it confirmed my belief that I'm an existentialist. You know, if I do badly in one class, it's not the end of the world. If I budget my time well so that I can spend time doing nothing or Facebooking or sleeping a lot, then I'm not going to let myself feel belittled or guilty by the people who lose sleep over work. I've said it before, but every single thing we do is NOT a waste of time. Everything we do is valuable.

I am myself.

The end.

- aRCHEL

No comments: