3.05.2008

Wish I Hadn't Lost That Other Umbrella

My $5 Target umbrella flipped inside-out this morning. It was a) embarrassing and b) inconvenient. Damn you, weather!

On another note, I was walking back from Rite-Aid this afternoon and an old man stopped me, complimented my boots and scarf, and then ripped two pages of poetry he had written from his notebook and gave them to me. My personal favorite:

“’My Part-Time Sort-Of Girlfriend’
Likes girls and fellas,
I’m not sure if
I flipped ‘er or what,

She says, aw,
Billy, you’re so
Tender & gentle
& sensitive,
Yer like David Bowie.
& I’m like, yeah,
Well, thanks a lot, bitch!

Naw, I know
She meant it
as a compliment”

Nothing better than a chance encounter with a homeless budding poet on the streets of Poughkeepsie to brighten a rainy, inside-out umbrella kind of day.

xx
littleone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is totes brilliant :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.