3.15.2008

I'm a college girl in a home world...

Sorry for the lame song reference.

I'm noticing differences about myself since having started at Vassar. The first is one that I'm guessing many of us have noticed: I swear now. I don't swear in my house out of habit, but occasionally when I'm surprised it slips out, for example today I was driving with my family (they think I still need practice driving... Ah, parents :P) and I didn't see a pot-hole in the road: "Fuck!--Ahahaha oops!"

I'm also more laid-back, if that's possible since I'm generally fairly frenetic. I notice more the social dynamic between my parents and it's making me learn things about how I want to be when I grow up if I get married. I go with the flow much more on unimportant things, which I didn't use to do, yet on the important stuff I don't let it walk by the way I used to. I'm definitely impatient to get to Vassar, but each passing break has marked an increase in my tolerance for not being where I want to be at that exact moment.

At Vassar, however, I still have some impatience issues to work on...

- aRCHEL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this seems to be the only blogger who contributes to this blog. lame.

Anonymous said...

As you can probably understand, many of our bloggers are away or otherwise occupied during this Spring Break and unable to contribute.

Rest assured that after break the other bloggers will return and we've also got some exciting changes in store!

Enjoy the rest of your break.

Anonymous said...

well said, aRCHEL- i feel the same way when i come home from Vassar.