4.13.2008

I was M.issing I.n A.ction

MIA was crazy.

Crazyyyyy...

It was my first 'real' concert, and we got there early so we were second or third from the front for most of the time. Unfortunately, it was also my first time in a mosh pit with music louder than I'd ever been exposed to, and I was really freaked out. I also had the dubious pleasure of interacting with my roommate while she was drunk, which I don't usually do. This was fun until later when I referred back to something important we'd talked about and she didn't remember it at all.

The first part with the dj was fun, though. Some not-so-violent pushing, my accidental groping of a male friend's ass on several occasions, and the ability to pretend to pass out and not fall over because I was so tightly packed in. The dj was really good. I'd have liked to have him in a Villard room dance or at least everyone more spread out in the dining hall so that I could dance for real (I love dancing and free-styling, but not that awkward shifty stuff you do when you're so crowded in).

moshpitpushingNOISEbangbangshovepushfallinggg...fallingshoving%$#@*&NOISENOISEowchheythat'sminepushingshovingfalllllllllingupdownbackandforthNOISEowchbangbangbangshshshshshshssssssss
Frightening, really.

MIA's and Rye Rye's dancing was super sexy. I want to imitate it some time. But probably not in public because Vassar people don't really dance like that. It was oh so sexy, though.

I'm off to the dc for some fascinating, varied, healthy food. Just kidding. But I really do like the dc. Just so you know.

-aRCHEL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hate how loud music can be at concerts. I mean, I like to play music somewhat loudly sometimes as much as the next guy, but the intensity of the music at concerts can be ridiculous. Sometimes it's so loud you can't even really hear the music. There's no way anyone can enjoy the music more when it's that loud. Hearing is important, and tinnitus really sucks.

Begin bashing...NOW!

Anonymous said...

no bashing! i kind of agree with you. i would have liked to been able to hear better.

-Peabo