4.12.2008

I'll Pass On the Spandex

I was born in the wrong decade.

I hate the modern gym culture. The “attractive” girl of nowadays is the one with a body that can only be achieved through hours and hours of working out. I feel like I’m supposed to like working out, that it’s something I should want to do. It is not something I ever want to do. At all. But then I can never truly be “hot,” and that frustrates me to no end.

The feminist in me hates that I need to look a certain way for society to deem me attractive. But the sad, lonely little girl in me desperately wishes that I did. I wish I lived in a time where I could be hot for how I naturally look, without hours spent altering that appearance. I am healthy, so why should I have to go to a gym to change my abs say, or my butt? What’s wrong with my butt? I don’t know if any of you have experience similar frustration. It’s annoying. But I’m coming to terms with how I look more and more. Which is, if I may be so bold, not entirely terrible. Just lacking the oh-so-desired muscle tone.

Also, I might be a freak, but I really didn’t have that much fun at MIA. It might have been because I got knocked over and stepped on though….The before was much more fun.

I hope you all have an amazing rest of your weekend! I plan to!

-Peabo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. Something is wrong. And those that choose to adhere to the standards are unattractive in my mind.

I think you're beautiful.