4.14.2008

Jeffrey Sachs Coming to Vassar

New York Times best selling author, United Nations advisor and renowned economist Jeffrey Sachs will discuss the rise of global poverty. Thursday, April 24th at 6 pm in the Chapel.

Peabo’s Take: This is awesome! I just recently learned who Jeffrey Sachs is and, for those of you who don’t know, he’s an economist who basically spends his life promoting economic development to help combat poverty. He’s also a huge advocate for working on economic development and environmental stability hand in hand, which is truly badass. That’s a rather insignifigant description; so you should all look him up because he’s pretty awesome. And he’s coming to Vassar! Operation Donation managed to finagle it, so they are clearly fantastic. I hope I see you all there, six o’clock next Thursday!

I have a prospie tomorrow and I am totally using this as evidence for why she should come to Vassar.

No comments: