4.12.2008

The Meaning of Life

Speaking of a philosophical/existential title haha....

I was recently sitting in the library, looking out the window at the quad, when I found myself pondering why I am here. Not so much why I'm on this planet, why I exist, but rather what brought me HERE. What the meaning of my life is right now, at this moment in time.

My mental thought process wandered:

My friends, good times, laughter, maybe getting a teensy bit tipsy off all that orange juice, partying with people I love, meeting new people, starting new friendships spontaneously at least once a week, knowing that all the hard work I put into my classes WILL pay off in the end, knowing that my friends empathize with the hell I put myself through to do that work, wearing clothes that I want to wear, that I like to wear, that I look good in, knowing that no matter what weight I am my friends will still love me, going to the gym anyway to stay the weight I want to be at, kissing (among other things), pure joy, love, life.

And above all: SUMMER. The explosion. Of meaning. Of life. My existence. My purpose.

I know it sounds grand, but I often have these revelatory notions in the spring haha. The sun makes me happy and grateful to be alive. =)

SPRiNKLES

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't summer kind of the epitome of NOT being here? Unless you are going to be here for the summer, I guess.

Anonymous said...

What I mean is that the promise of summer is what is keeping me going these last few weeks.