4.11.2008

Two Super(?)stars Set to Unite

They've been dating for over a year now, but already they've decided to make it official: Fall Out Boy bass guitarist Pete Wentz and starlet Ashlee Simpson are engaged.

Says Ashlee of the union: "We know there has been a lot of speculation recently about Pete and I and we wanted our fans to be the first to know, because you guys are the best. Yes, we are thrilled to share that we are happily engaged. Thank you for all of your support and well wishes - it means the world to us. We consider this to be a very private matter, and we wanted to be the first to tell you and to hear it straight from us."

SPRiNKLES's Take: I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. Fall Out Boy is arguably one of my fave bands, second only to Panic at the Disco (which, by the way, took a hit on my list because of their very different second album). I mean, if Pete and Ashlee are really in love, it would be a great marriage. However, I don't want to see any Ashlee cameos on my FOB albums. That said, maybe it's not meant to last, remember, Pete was the one who said just last November: "I would never come out and say I'm gay, because I'm not gay. There's part of me that kind of wishes I was gay, and I think that comes from anybody constantly wishing they were in the minority and constantly wants to be fighting everybody off."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but you have terrible taste in music.

Anonymous said...

what did that quote have to do with ashlee and pete getting married? oh i know you don't have control over this but the countdown on the website is OH so wrong

Anonymous said...

1. Pete's sexuality has been in question FOREVER. He's been known to make out with boys.

2. How's the countdown wrong??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.