4.30.2008

Convocation, Freshman 15, and self-exploration through paper- and song-writing

Today I had no classes. I was in the convocation choir, meaning that I had to sit through the entire convocation. The main speaker... Some interesting points, yeah, but SO long! It was pretty insane.

Sam Charner's speech was my favorite because it was the most natural. I never really like convocations because it's a bunch of educated people reading literary-sounding things.

My favorite part was singing Gaudeamus. :) And sitting next to one of my closest friends.

I went to to the freshman 15 show in UpC. It was pretty cool, though not so tremendously organized. My favorite parts were Scout's rap (fucking amazing!! mad props!) and Nina Vyedin's guitar-playing. She's really amazing and if you haven't heard her play you're really missing out. She writes her own songs that are more professional than professional ones, but she's too much of a good person inside to compare herself to others like that and be as conceited as she has the right to be.

Right now I'm (obviously) writing this post before going to sleep... I wish I didn't have to get up for an early class tomorrow because otherwise I'd be staying up late writing my fucking fascinating psych paper that I love and writing songs... I'm currently writing my first song on guitar and it's really exciting. :) The psych paper is convincing me even more that I need to be a psych major! Preferably related to abnormal and physio psych.

Goodnight to all, and to all a good night.
-aRCHEL

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chill out with all the school love.

Anonymous said...

thanks, friend :-)

Anonymous said...

freshmen 15 had amazing talent participating in it, but joe martinez and the other people did a HORRIBLE job organizing it. I won't be voting for him...

Anonymous said...

To bad he is the only one running...

Anonymous said...

joe?

Anonymous said...

He didn't organize it well, unfortunately. But I think there should be actual VSA organizer people who organize things.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to vote for Joe if you think he's bad (which he is). You can select "No candidate" to have "the position to be filled by appointment."

That's what I did.

Anonymous said...

Oh aRCHEL....
I agree about Freshman 15: the talent was good (Nina, Scout, Sarah Goodall) but the organization, ambiance, and profesionality was horrendous. I really liked the Pocahontas scene/song because it was just an honest and humble performance from the heart. I liked that. :)

I'm glad you're passionate about Psych!

I love your redundant and repetitive salutatory salutation.
-Poseidon :)
(Yay irony)

Anonymous said...

It couldn't have been as badly ruined by lack of organization as Mr. Vassar was...

Anonymous said...

oh, i love joseph. and lighten up, it was his birthday!

Anonymous said...

I take nothing away from him having a good time on his birthday. That said if I were running Freshman 15 on my birthday (or at all for that matter) I'd be freaking excited (and still execute the event in an organized way).
-Poseidon