4.25.2008

Good Lord.

So yesterday I wake up, head to the bathroom, and discover something a little disturbing in one of the stalls... and not the usual "There is a college student who has yet to learn to flush a toilet" kind of bathroom disturbing. This hit a whole new level for me -- it was a notice that basically said something like this:

"Dear Josselyn Residents: We are aware of the drug use in this house... etc etc, if you need to talk, the house team is here as a nonjudgmental resource."

It closed with this disturbing little piece of possible foreshadowing:

"We are thankful that Vassar does not have a disciplinary RA system. Let's keep our dorm healthy, blah blah blah etc, xoxo Joss House Team."

I had no idea that the drug problem in Joss was so rampant. I mean, I was definitely aware of it, but I assumed it was the same across the whole campus... but at the same time, what constitutes a drug problem? To me, a bunch of people smoking weed all the time really isn't a drug problem. A bunch of people freaking out on shrooms and acid, on the other hand, definitely is. But haven't those been isolated incidents? I wish they would tell us things rather than give us these creepy vague warnings.

eek.
littleone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know a bunch of kids in Joss who do much harder stuff than pot. Well actually, not just Joss. But I'm surprised you don't know about all the drugs going on in your own dorm; I don't even live there.

Anonymous said...

Cocizzaine.