4.21.2008

PSA

My friend just called me very upset. Her laptop just got stolen, along with her roomate's. Their door wasn't locked, as it usually isn't, so someone must have just wandered in and taken them. Turns out someone else in their dorm had the same thing happen (but didn't say anything), so it isn't an entirely isolated thing.

So she wanted me to post about this and I was only to happy to oblige. People, if you have stuff stolen, say something! And it's probably wise to lock your doors. Security sends around a lot of reminders, but not very many people seem to listen. I know I usually don't because I think it's safe. But 3 computers in a couple days, even for the whole campus, is nothing to be scoffed at.

And that is my own little PSA. Be careful guys! And please don't be that jackass who takes other people's stuff.

-Peabo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just started a stream of free food at Vassar
twitter.com/vassarmunch

Send tips to townerflounder@gmail.com

culling from dorm dinners, catering events, lehman loeb events, etc.

Anonymous said...

people definitely gotta learn to lock their doors, way too many people feel overly safe.

Anonymous said...

was this in lathrop?

Anonymous said...

no, it was in noyes.

-Peabo

Anonymous said...

if something gets stolen from your room you should absolutely report the theft, but know that if you or your roommate left the door unlocked the school is not liable in any way...