4.19.2008

I'm Your Tangerine, Babe!

Campfire. Sunshine. Barbecue. Summer! Summer!! Summer!!! (well, almost)

What I love most about this time of year are the smells. I love the smell of sunscreen, and how it takes so long to get absorbed into my skin. It makes me think of lying on the beach with my skin getting warm and that sunscreen scent floating up over the entire coastline, hovering like fog, drifting into the doors of coffee shops and ice cream parlors and bars as bare feet carry sand indoors. I love the smell of coals and burning wood at night, and feeling my eyes sting just a little when the wind pushes the smoke my way. I miss how cool night are just north of where I live, by Mendocino and Humboldt Bay, and how it gets dark faster in the forest, where the giant trees almost block out the entire sky. It gets so quiet there you can hear the ocean. Aaaargh I can't wait to go hoooome!

Those of you who didn't go out in the quad today for the hip-hop/speakers/yummy BBQ, you don't know what you're missing. Homework? Psh. Save it for tomorrow. Get yo stunna shades on and cut up those old blue jeans. It's time to play!

~Rad

No comments: